Tuesday, February 14, 2012

V-Day Preschool Playdate










So, I am the coordinator for Brooks' preschool group - - all children in the neighborhood his age and one year older who will be entering elementary school the same year.

These groups were started by friends of ours, the Keslers, recently and they have really taken off. Michael will be going into elementary school this Fall and he already knows over a dozen kiddos who will be joining him.

So, when they asked me to coordinate for Brooks group, I couldn't say no! I want him to have the same great opportunities that Sully had to meet some buddies prior to elementary school.

Sunday we had a one hour "Cookie and Craft" Valentine's-themed playdate at our house. We had snacks and different stations to keep the kids busy. We had a table for them to decorate Valentines, a table to color V-day pictures, and a cookie station to decorate a couple of V-Day cookies to take home. I got most of my supplies from the Dollar Store, so it was a very affordable playdate as well!

We had a great turnout....about 30 neighborhood guests. Look forward to a lot of fun activities in the future. I am already planning the next one in my head! :)

No comments: