They start them early, folks! Who knew we would be putting together a history presentation in Pre-K?! Sully was assigned a historical African American figure, Elijah McCoy, and had to create a presentation with facts and pictures on a posterboard.
He is 5, so outside of printing off some facts for him, I let him design and decorate the whole thing himself. And, people, there were some professional quality presentations at this thing. Did I mention he was 5?? :) I decided early on that he was going to do this and whatever he wanted to do was great with me at this age. It didn't need to be anything fancy.
I joined his school at lunch on MLK day to listen to each child give their presentation and they all did a great job! I was so proud of Sully, too, getting up in front of his friends and their parents and reciting his facts. Well done, Sully! I got to eat lunch with him afterwards before heading back to work. Fun day!
No comments:
Post a Comment