




Michael and Brooks' school recognized Breast Cancer Awareness month in October. As you all know, this is something that is near and dear to my heart as my sweet mother battled Breast Cancer not too long ago.....
The school collected pictures for a Survivor's recognition and all wore pink on the 14th to celebrate the survivors. Additionally, their classes made my Mom cards....Michael said his class collectively decided what they wanted to say and the text is below.
So, this is too funny, Michael of course knows Nana as Nana. She does not have a first name as far as he knows and so when Ms. Skiles (Michael's teacher) asked me on my way out the door on Fri morning for my Mom's name...I said Pat...she heard PAM. So each card I collected at the end of the day stated "To Nana Pam" on the front! LOL. Best part: her grandson's card also said "To Nana Pam"....hey if Ms. Skiles told him his Nana's name was Pam, he was going to go w/it!!! Too funny. That made me laugh through my tears as I read each card.
Each card said:
I am proud of you.
You are strong.
I love you.
Couldn't have said it better myself. You are my hero, Nana Pam! :) I am going to send you the link to this post as soon as I've finished it...your cards are on the way.
And, to any of you out there who happen to stumble upon my humble little blog, please get your screening if you are 40 or over...35 is even better if you have a history of breast cancer in your family. Early detection saved my Mom's life!
No comments:
Post a Comment