What can I say about this summer except for it was fabulous. We went on great trips, spent lots of time with good friends and family, and celebrated some milestones.
Mom retired this summer and turned 60 (though she certainly doesn't look it!). My sister got her first Principal's job (yay, Karen!). Both of our boys turned a year older and we got to a few much needed remodel projects on the house.
Most of all, I feel like we are in a really fun period with our boys. Suddenly, day to day outings aren't as challenging, traveling isn't as difficult, and Mike and I took up a few new interests and made date nights more of a priority. My three day a week gig feels like the perfect work/life balance and Mike continues to work hard at his commercial real estate job. His work ethic is unbelievable, I admire him so much.
Though I will miss every stage of my boys' growing up, I must say this is a beautiful time. Things are just...easier. I wouldn't trade the sacrifices we have made over the last few years for the kids because they really needed a lot of care and attention when they were younger. As we are entering this new phase where the boys are becoming a little more grown up and self sufficient, I am going to relish this time and cherish the memories of the Summer of 2011. I am determined to soak up every minute of the next year as we prepare to send our oldest to elementary school next fall.
Life is not without it's challenges, but I constantly remind myself to look up and thank the One above for all our days, good and bad. After all, God is good. All the time. God is good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment