Monday, September 19, 2011

Star of the Week


Michael is the Star (Student) of the Week in Ms. Skiles 5K class! He got a certificate and wore this crown all day...I will probably be able to use this pic as blackmail some day. :)

Also, in 5K, they have a color-coded system to encourage good behavior. Green for good behavior all day, yellow for a couple of broken rules, and red if you need to do a serious behavior adjustment before the next day! Well, Mike made a deal with Michael that for every MONTH that he is all green, he gets a great surprise. I thought that was a lofty goal, but Mike told Sully: "You can do it and I promise an awesome prize!". Well, we have two weeks to go in Sep and so far, all green. The best part is that Sully's request for his "Big!" surprise is not some big toy, video game, or other comparable treat. He has requested the limited edition Star Wars....wait for it....box of Lucky Charms!! Hey, for an entire month of good behavior I think I can make that happen for him. In his mind, Star Wars + a sugary cereal (which we don't let him have usually) is the ultimate treat. Cutie pie.

No comments: