

Michael just started another season of soccer with the Prestonwood Sparks. The really neat thing about this team is that they will all be kindergarteners together at Prestonwood Elementary next year, so I am so thrilled for him.
Last year, our goal was just to have our boy focus during the game. He was much more interested in kicking up dirt or pretending like he was a Superhero...just wasn't into actually PLAYING yet...he did have fun, though - - so, I guess that's the silver lining.
What a difference a little maturity makes! He was like a different child at the first practice...very focused, very "into it". Mike is assisting this season and we were both blown away by his first practice. Then, first game and he scores a goal! I thought Mike's heart was going to jump out of his chest he was so proud and Brooks and I were cheering wildly from the sidelines...just reconfirmed for me the extra time a summer birthday 5 yr old could benefit from before attending kindergarten. Last season, all kindergarteners this year, he was probably one of the more immature kids on the team. This season, kindergarteners next year, definitely one of the most mature. We are so proud of you Sully, keep up the good work!
We celebrated after the big "first goal" game with a trip to Gattiland.
No comments:
Post a Comment